09 May 100% Clean Electricity Act signed into law this week
More fantastic news: On Tuesday, May 7, Governor Inslee signed the groundbreaking 100% Clean Electricity Act into law, along with hundreds of enthusiastic supporters. Maybe you were there too? Thanks to so many smart and dedicated local stakeholders who helped bring this bill over the finish line in Olympia. It’s been years in the making.
What does the 100% Clean Electricity Act accomplish?
- Over the next twenty-five years, Washington’s electric system will be free of fossil fuels
- It removes all coal from our electricity supply by 2025
- It incentivizes energy efficiency to keep lowering customers’ bills,
- It maintains reliability during the transition away from fossil fuels.
- Last but not least, it makes it more affordable to go solar in Washington
- You can read more about the law from the Northwest Energy Coalition or David Roberts of Vox.
Thanks to Washington’s many solar supporters for all they have done this year to speak up for clean energy in Olympia, especially solar. We hope you convince a new friend to go solar this summer.